Cindy is over here making me do this because she wants me to blog about my life, which I can remember very little about. She says this will help me remember, but I do not believe it will.
I was born July 19, 1934, to Eldon Ray and Enever Jaye (Brumbelow) Meacham in Willow Grove, Texas, at home. There was no hospital to go to. Everyone had their babies at home then. Sharon was born at home, too, 7 years later in Albany, Texas. I remember having to go next door to my Aunt Faye's house to stay with Victor, my cousin who was a couple of years younger than me, while she was being born. Aunt Faye was my dad's sister and her husband was Ishmael. They also had a daughter (I think she was younger than Sharon) and her name was Sheila. We moved to Albany before I started school. Uncle Ishmael had a Western Auto Store and he asked my dad to come work for him. I think we only lived there 2 or 3 years before moving back to Waco. My dad and Uncle Ishmael did not see eye to eye on everything. When I was in first grade, I was in a play and wore a bunny suit. When we got home, I was all broken out with the measles. Victor and I played together a lot and I remember a bad thing we did. Victor got some matches and we went next door to the house on the corner and they had shrubs on the side of the house. Now mind you we were on the opposite side from Victor's house, so no one could see us and we started a fire with sticks and leaves. It's a wonder we had not burned that house down. It was not far from town and we often walked to the store where our dad's worked and would play outside the store. Aunt Faye gave me a birthday party when I was seven yrs. old and invited several kids. That was the only birthday party I ever had growing up.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay! This will be neat to read about different things that happened in your life! Then we can make it into a blog book to keep for generations to come! Thanks Cindy!
Wonderful job, Mother! I never knew this stuff........now I know where Ginger got her love of matches and almost starting fires! :) Thank you for trying so hard today. You can do this!!! And we all will be forever grateful for the legacy that you are leaving for us. This is worth more than all the money in the world!!!
Thank you! This is really cool.
I was thinking the same thing as mom...I almost burned the house down playing w/matches...guess I got more than your love for clothes and shoes. lol! Good job on the blog...keep em coming!
I read this to Bryan and Brady last night and they both nearly cried when you said that was the only birthday party that you ever had....
Post a Comment